Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Shopping at Pick and Save

I went to double coupon day at Pick and Save on Wednesday. There was a lady behind me in line watching me. My first transaction I ended up paying $2.39 for. She said, "I need to start shopping with you." I just smiled. My second transaction I paid $.57. She said, "Where do you get those coupons?" I politely told her a few places. My third transaction the cashier had to pay me $.27. The women behind me said, "They make TV shows about people like you!" It was terribly amusing. Anyway here are my Pick and Save tips:

Your transaction needs to be $25 or more before store discounts or manufacture coupons. So this is before sale prices!!!!! For instance on Wednesday I bought:

5 boxes of Quaker Oat Squares regular price $3.99 each total $19.95
2 Lady's Speed Stick deodorant regular price $2.59 each total $5.18

So my total was $25.18 before discounts. Then I swiped my store card. The Quaker Squares were on sale for $2 and the deodorant was buy one get one free. So my total after store discounts was $12.59.

I had 5 $1 Quaker coupons which all got doubled for $10 off and two $1.50 coupons for the deoderant. So I got a total of $13 off my $12.59 total. There was $0.14 in tax so I recieved $.27 back in cash. See how it works?

As you are picking up your items in the store it is very important to write them down and write their regular price down. Group your items on your list and in your cart by transaction. For instance I had my 5 boxes of cereal and 2 deodorants in the very front of the cart and had them listed on my list together. Then for my next transaction I had my 8 packages of yogurt and my milk all together in the cart. It makes checking out much less confusing and faster. Write the regular prices next to the items on your list and do the math. Sorry ladies, take a calculator with you if you hate math:) To get the most savings for your time you want to stay as close to the $25 dollar requirement as possible and use 5 $1 coupons to double.

Buying things that are going to be free after mail in rebate or using coupons for free items are a great way to get your total up to $25

PIck and save will let you double 5 coupons that are up to $1 each per transaction. It takes a while to get the hang of it so don't be discouraged the first couple of times. I swore I wasn't going back to that store several times after double coupon trips when I first started because it was so frustrating. Once you get the hang of it though it really doesn't take very long to do and the savings is tremendous. And it is very exciting to have the store pay you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment