Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Pick and Save Sept 20-Sept 26

This week is a great Pick and Save week so here is a step by step guide on getting the best deals.

Here are the best deals as far as I‘m concerned. You might find more that you think are good deals:

Buy one Boneless Beef Chuck Roast 3 lbs or more at $2.49/lb and receive free 1 lb carrots, 3 lb yellow onions, and 5 lb potatoes ( you buy it all at once and it takes of the price for the free stuff)

75% lean Ground Beef in 3lb or more package $1.79/lb

Buy 6 boxes of General Mills cereal get $10 off and a coupon for a free gallon of milk
Cheerios 8.9 oz. $2.99 14 oz $3.35
Honey Nut Cheerios 12.25 $3.75
Multi Grain Cheerios 9 oz $3.59 12.8 oz $3.35
Golden Grahms 12 oz $2.99
Lucky Charms 11.5 oz $3.29
Trix 10.7 $2.99
(All General Mills cereal is included in this deal these just happen to be the ones I know the prices on. There are a variety of coupons for cereals on coupons.com)

Buy 4 14.5-20 oz Chex Mix, Bugles, or Gardettos ($3 each) get a $4 copuon on products of the Coca Cola Company ($0.50 coupons on coupons.com)

3 lb bag apples $2.50

Dannon Activia, DanActive, Danimal, Light and Fit or 32 oz yogurt $2 (coupon here http://www.activia.us.com/challenge/Signup.aspx don‘t forget to hit your back button to print two)

Clear Value Cream of Mushroom or Chicken soup $0.49

Goody Hair Accessories $1.29-$12.69 $0.75 coupon in flyer

Nestle 8 pack candy bars $1

Round Top White Bread $0.88 limit 2 per transaction

Kraft Mac and Cheese $0.68 limit 2 per transaction


Look over the deals, evaluate what you want and what coupons you have, then make your list. I type my list simply because my handwriting is atrocious and I type really fast. You might want to type yours or just write it down. I use the @ symbol to stand for coupon. That way I can count at a glance how many coupons I’m using to make sure I have at least 5 per transaction. Remember you can double 5 coupons that are up to $1 each. You can use other coupons too they just won’t be doubled. My list usually looks something like this:



Filler items
3 lb bag apples $2.50
Clear Value Cream of Mushroom or Chicken soup $0.49
Clear Value Cream of Mushroom or Chicken soup $0.49
Nestle 8 pack $1
Round Top White Bread $0.88 limit 2 per transaction
Kraft Mac and Cheese $0.68 limit 2 per transaction
75% lean Ground Beef in 3lb or more package $1.79/lb



Transaction #1
6 General Mills Cereals @@@@@








Transaction #2
6 General Mills Cereals@@@@@







Transaction #3
6 General Mills Cereals@@@@@










Transaction #4
3 gallons of milk use free coupons from cereal deal
2 Activia@@







Leave plenty of room around each transaction. I go through the store and get my coupon items first and group them in my cart. Make sure you write down the regular price of each item. Add that up and see how far you are from $25. Then add in the other sale items that you want. For instance if I buy 6 boxes of Trix that equals 17.94 so I need another $7.06 in merchandise to be able to double my coupons. So I will add filler items that I want (make sure to add the regular prices not sale prices) until I get to my $25. Then when I check out I will automatically get a $10 discount for buying the 6 boxes of cereal, they will double my 5 coupons and I will get the sale prices on my filler items plus a coupon for a free gallon of milk. Total will probably be under $5 for all this food!!

I use a small coupon folder to keep the coupons for each transaction separated to make check out time faster. I also add to my filler list items that I have high value coupons for that aren't on sale. Then if something isn't in stock that I wanted I know right away another item I could get instead. Don't forget to pick up a rain check if they are out of a sale items you wanted to get.

Obviously your list will look different from my list and you will develop your own system that works for you . This is just what works for me and will probably be a good starting point for all of you. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment