Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Shopping

Now through the end of January is the best time of the year for shopping!!! And I don't mean just for Christmas items. Yes, you can get clearance Christmas items for a steal at this time of year, but you can also get a ton of other great deals on non Christmas items.

Just look around when you are in a store. There will be steep markdowns on sheet sets, dinnerware, bake ware, toiletry sets, pajamas, etc., etc., etc. Think about your gift giving for the next year. (I highly recommend making a list.) Who do you give birthday gifts too, Mother's day gifts, graduation gifts, wedding gifts, and so on. If you are like me you list will be a lot bigger than you thought. Now take that list to the store with you.

Your graduate might love that half price mini refrigerator you saw at Target (I saw one there on Saturday) or that sheet set might make a great wedding gift for your sister who's getting married this summer. The perfume you love might be in a gift set that will be cheaper than you can buy it normally, or that fancy bath set might make a great Mother's Day gift. There will be toy clearances galore as stores scale their toy sections back down to regular size. A little planning ahead can really save a lot of money on your gift giving for the year.

Early to mid January is usually the best time for winter clothes and outerware. Items will get cheaper as the month progresses but selection will also be progressively slimmer. My sisters-in-law and I have an annual January shopping trip where we buy clothes for our children and ourselves for the next year. It's grand fun and we outfit our families very inexpensively. Often I've gotten clothes cheaper than I could have bought them second hand.

You can also get a lot of great deals on regular items. Oreos, Ziploc bags, Reynolds wrap, paper towels, etc that have holiday packaging will also be marked down. I know I'm happy to give my husband sandwiches in Christmas sandwich bags all year long if I can buy them cheap :)

As always plan ahead and think creatively. You'll have lots of fun and save lots of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment