Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Make Your Own Oatmeal Packets

My kids love the little oatmeal packets you can buy in all the fancy flavors.  They are constantly writing them on my grocery list in hopes that I will arrive home with them. I rarely do.  Let's face it, they are expensive and full of sugar. 

After seeing several pinterest posts on making your own oatmeal packets I finally decided to do it.  I made up my own formula:

1/2 cup oatmeal
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 tsp dried milk (optional)
1 Tablespoon dried fruit  (I also added 1/4 tsp cinnamon to the packets with raisins and with apples)

Voila, mix in a bowl with 1 cup of milk and microwave for 2 minutes. 

My kids gave rave reviews to all the flavors and are just as happy with their homemade oatmeal packets as they were with the store bought version.

No comments:

Post a Comment